Before you lease a self storage unit from a storage facility, be sure to read the following tips:
- Are you going to need to access your storage unit on a frequent basis? If so, locate a self storage facility near your home.
- Visit the storage facility and ask questions. The storage facility manager may have suggestions on how big of a storage unit you
need and can answer any other questions you have. Check our Storage Sizes Page to
determine an estimate of what size storage unit you may need.
- Determine how much space you are really going to need. It may be better to rent a small self storage unit and pack it full rather
than paying for a larger storage unit and not utilizing the space completely.
- Make sure the storage facility offers everything you need. Access, security, climate control and rental help may be important factors.
- Ask the storage facility managers when you can access your storage units. Some storage facilities may allow 24 hour access while others may not.
- Read the lease before signing it. Make sure you are aware of the self storage facility policies on moving out, paying rent and other information.