University of Tennessee-UT: Best Storage Deals for Vols Fans!

0 Flares Filament.io 0 Flares ×

The University of Tennessee, more commonly referred to as UT, is located in beautiful Knoxville, TN. UT was founded in 1794 as a public institution. The University of Tennessee is ranked 101, based on The 2013 Edition of Best Colleges. There are nine undergraduate colleges and 11 graduate colleges. The following programs are highly ranked: Graduate School of Business- Best Business Schools number 67, Law School- Best Law Schools, number 61, College of Engineering- Best Engineering Schools number 65, and college of Education, Health, and Human Sciences- Best education Schools number 51.

Tennessee competes in the NCAA’s Division I, Southeastern Conference (SEC). With 18 men and women’s intercollegiate teams, the Vols and Lady Vols (short for Volunteers), are competitive in all of their sports! Tennessee has 114 men’s SEC championship teams titles and 36 women’s team titles, for a total of 150. Since 1987, the following 23 UT teams have been crowned NCAA Champions: Lady Vols basketball team, track and field team and the Vols football, track and field, cross country, and swimming and diving teams. The Vols team mascots are Smokey (a live hound dog) and the Volunteer, which are regulars on the UT sidelines and basketball court.

There are more than 450 registered student organizations serving a variety of interests and providing options for those interested in social activities, cultural issues, service, arts, sports, government/politics, and Greek societies (20 sororities and 26 fraternities). The university has 2 radio stations: student-run The Rock (WUTK-FM 90.3) and National Public Radio affiliate WUOT-FM 91.9, as well as a student newspaper and a student-run television station where students can work! There are also many things to do in Knoxville while attending The University of Tennessee. You can head out to one of their many museums or even to the zoo, or at night head to one of the many bars and listen to live music. Downtown Knoxville is bursting with activity all day and night long! If you need a get away for the weekend with your friends you can head a little more than an hour away from Knoxville to the Great Smokey Mountains! If you have never been to the Smokey Mountains, it is a must! I have to say that was one of my favorite vacations and we plan to go back again!

As a student at the University of Tennessee, you might need a storage facility to store all of your belongings! If you are moving from a dorm to the sorority or fraternity or maybe even to an apartment a storage unit can help you out a lot. Also if you are heading home for the summer and have no place to leave your things finding the best storage deals for UT students can be very easy! You can look for storage units in 37996 that might have 24 hour access and even a free truck rental to help you move your things!