LSU Tigers Wanting Storage!

0 Flares Filament.io 0 Flares ×

Louisiana State University, most commonly called LSU, was founded in 1860 as a public institution. LSU is located in beautiful Baton Rouge, Louisiana near the Mississippi River. Based on the 2013 Edition of Best Colleges, Louisiana State University ranks 134. LSU is also ranked as the 151st best research university in the nation by Forbes magazine. Several of LSU’s graduate schools, such as the E.J Ourso College of Business (Best Business Schools number 61), the Paul M. Hebert Law Center (Best Law Schools number 76), and The College of Engineering (Best Engineering Schools number 97) have received national recognition.

LSU is known for their dominant sport teams. As a member of the NCAA’s Division I Southeastern Conference (SEC), LSU has 21 varsity sports (9 men’s and 12 women’s). Louisiana State University has won more than 40 team national championships across all of their teams. LSU’s biggest rivals are Arkansas, Florida, and Alabama. The official nickname for LSU’s sports teams is “Fighting Tigers” or “Tigers”, which comes from a Confederate brigade known as the “Louisiana Tigers” that served in the Confederate infantry during the American Civil War. LSU’s mascot is Mike the Tiger.

LSU also boasts many famous alumni. A sampling includes the 38th Vice President of the United States and United States Senator Hubert Humphrey, American alternative rock band Better then Ezra, HGTV host of “reDesign” Kenneth Brown, NFL players for the Kansas City Chiefs Dwayne Bowe and Eddie Kennison, NFL player for the St. Louis Rams Claude Wroten, MLB player for the San Francisco Giants Brian Wilson, and former NBA Star and one of the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players Shaquille O’Neal.

LSU has over 350 student organizations. including a student government and a total of 38 fraternities and sororities. LSU has a student newspaper, The Daily Reveille, to keep students informed on the news. There is also a non-commercial educational college radio station, KLSU, as well as a campus cable channel that reached around 6,500 students who live or congregate in common areas on campus.

If you need to move from the dorms to an apartment or to a fraternity/sorority or even studying abroad you will need to find a place to store your belongings! It is very easy to find a storage space near LSU. You can find storage facilities that have cheap storage, 24 hour access or maybe even a truck to help you move for free. Look for affordable storage in 70803.