Find great self storage opportunities near Troy University

0 Flares Filament.io 0 Flares ×

Troy University, in Troy, Alabama, is the flagship school of the Troy University System.  There are four main campuses in the system, including those in Montgomery, Phenix City, and Dothan.  The Troy campus, though, has nearly 10,000 students enrolled, and specializes in training teachers.  The focus in teacher training should be no great surprise, since the school was founded in 1887 as the Troy Normal School.  As the university’s mission has expanded, it’s emphasis on quality education has not.  In 2010, it began to offer its first doctoral degree, the Doctor of Nursing Practice.

Life on campus is filled with great collegiate experiences.  Troy’s athletic history is long and storied, going back to their first football team in 1909.  At the time, the school’s nickname was the Troy State Teachers, but nothing was official until they became the Red Wave.  The student body decided that the name was too similar to Alabama’s nickname and in the early 1970s became the Trojans.  The Troy basketball team has participated in the NCAA tournament on several occasions, but is known primarily for winning the highest scoring game in college basketball history, beating DeVry University by the staggering score of 258-141.  In addition to the traditional athletics, the school also boast a large fraternity and sorority system, numerous music organizations, a free student transportation shuttle system, and two well recognized, student run media outlets, the Tropolitan and TrojanVision.  And the “Sound of the South” is the pride of the school.

Troy, Alabama is a great college town, with about 18,000 permanent residents.  Located in Southern Alabama, the weather is heavily influenced by the Gulf of Mexico and snow is a rare event.  Hurricanes, however, are an occasional fact of life in this part of the country.  Aside from the University, the largest employers in town are Lockheed Martin, CGI Group, and there’s a WalMart distribution center in nearby Brundidge, Alabama.  One great feature of Troy is its affordability.  The cost of living is nearly 10% below the national average, and one bedroom apartments can be leased for less than $350 per month.

For students participating in one of the school’s many distance learning opportunities, there are plenty of places to find affordable self storage units in Troy. In addition, there are many great deals for self storage near 36081.

Ken

Ken is the Director of Content and Promotions for the Online Self Storage Directory blog. He loves the St. Louis Cardinals, obscure historical trivia, and the incredible beards on Civil War generals.
This entry was posted in self storage by Ken. Bookmark the permalink.

About Ken